Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Nothing in Particular

I have nothing in particular to talk about today. I just felt I should post something because when I go to the blogs I read on a regular basis and there is nothing new I have a moment of dissapointment. It is not disheartening (my car won't start), painful (I just stubbed my toe on the chair leg) or frightening (the Supreme Court just got bombed and Bush gets to name a whole new batch). It is just a moment of "aahhh, nothing."

I am glad Seth got me started with this odd little electronic therapy. I am very curious how much it gets read, but I am not worried about the "popularity" of it. I enjoy the excuse to write "stuff." Unimportant stuff, silly stuff, self-important stuff, crappy stuff.......

To anyone who does read this stuff please add your two cents worth on the comments. I love the feedback and the fun of seeing what others think.

Question of the day: How does one loot 377 tons of explosives? This isn't a television from a storefront window in a race riot. I can't lift a box of books much less 377 tons of something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Looting" probably isn't the appropriate word here. "Helped themselves to" would be closer. From the time W. kicked out the IAEA to the time somebody on our side remembered to go and check was months, not days. Whoever got it had plenty of time and, reports indicate, used heavy machinery to haul it out.

You can do some interesting math on this. Remember that it only took one pound of this explosive to kill 270 people over Lockerbie, Scotland.

377 tons x 2000 pounds = 754,000 pounds of explosives in the hands of the baddies, thanks to Bush administration negligence.

If, as at Lockerbie, one pound is enough to kill 270 people, then

754,000 pounds of explosive x 270 people = 203,580,000 dead.

Well, give or take a few. It depends on how many people are on the plane, and which building they fly it in to.

So God told W. to go get those weapons of mass destruction, and W. promptly handed them out to the terrorists. Stay the course, folks. We need firm resolve. 203 million more people at risk.

-Aesthete Eric

The Seth said...

Many of us read, Young Chris. If nothing else, we are updating our psychological profile of you based on blogs. Insight another way.