Friday, October 15, 2004

Are your humors out of balance?

A friend of mine gave me a "Personality Testing Instrument" the other day. I had a few minutes to kill while waiting for something so I filled it out. It was simple enough. There were forty rows, in each row there were four words. I was to chose the one word in each row that best described me. Twenty rows went under the heading "Strengths" and twenty under the heading "Weaknesses." What I found the most interesting about the test is that they divide the results into four categories: Sanguine, Choleric, Phlegmatic, and Melancholy, the four humors of Elizabethan times.

My question is:
If I think that I would rather be in a different category than the test slots me would a pair of peckish leeches fix things up?

In case you are wondering I was labeld a Peaceful Phlegmatic with slight Perfect Melancholy leanings. A few Popular Sanguine traits popped up, but the Powerful Choleric was nearly non-existent in this guy.

I would love to have a friend fill it out for me to see if others see me as I see myself...

3 comments:

Chris said...

Asthete Brother! Great to have you chime in. Now you need to look into starting a blog of your own. It would be great to read the thoughts and adventures of the artist in a "used-to-be-strange-but-now-he-has-lived-there-long-enough-that-it's-not-strange-at-all" land.

The Seth said...

It is posts like this that make me think that I am not tall enough to ride your roller coaster, Mr. Pyle. You are elvating blogging to a higher level. I will have to play catch up. I think I want to be more like you when I grow up.

The Rabbit said...

And down again we tumble... hehe