Monday, October 04, 2004

Home Sick

Alice has a slight stomach malady so she stayed home from school and I stayed home with her. Remember when you were a kid and stayed home sick? The "nest" that was created on the couch, with the moutain of pillows, the small glass of Seven-Up that eventually replaced the bucket, and the televison on all day long. I watched game shows and soap operas. Alice has much better technologies at her disposal. She is watching DVDs. My kids are a bit odd. She has watched a Shirley Temple movie and The Road To Bali with Hope and Crosby. My bet would be her next choice is a Marx Brothers movie.

I am trying to get a few more pages accomplished on the movie script. I would love to be a professional writer. I love the process of preparing to write. The comfy clothes, the computer set up just right with the proper snacks and the right CD on the headphones. Wouldn't it be great to have a career that allowed you to eat M&Ms, listen to The Blasters and wear ratty shorts and a baseball jersey?

1 comment:

The Seth said...

It's all in the visualisation. Visualise whirled peas.