Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Isn't technology grand?

I am not a huge baseball fan, but I do enjoy it. Being a Royals fan makes it hard to maintain excitement. Each year I adopt a team or two to root for in order make it interesting throughout the season. One of my teams for the last few years has been the Cardinals. Well the Cards are in the playoffs, but I have to work so sitting in front of the television isn't possible (I don't have cable so I would have to find some place to watch anyway). Well, I have dialed the game up on the internet. And as an added perk I get to listen to the venerable Vin Scully do the game. Baseball is the best sport to listen to on the radio and Scully's voice means baseball.

Most people reading this will probably not get this reference but I think Scully sounds like the great radio comedian Fred Allen. I keep expecting him to say: "And now we'll leave the ballpark and head to Allen's Alley and see what Senator Claghorn thinks about the Pujols home run."

2 comments:

The Seth said...

He's even self-depricating on his blog! Will it never end? People will get it. They can google any obscure Chris references straight away. They are already on the Internet.

Chris said...

So, Seth, were you familiar with Fred Allen? Everybody who can throw a Fred Allen quote onto this blog will win...my eternal respect.