Monday, December 20, 2004

Freakin' Sweet

The first package opening of the Christmas season occurred Saturday at the 2nd Annual Fleece Navidad Party at M. Schaeffer's house. The generousity of all was abundant and my family thanks everyone for their kindness.

I got the Brian (dog from Family Guy) action figure I shamelessly asked for in an earlier blog thanks to Sarah.

Seth made it possible for me to find that "mot juste" with his gifts of etymological compendiums. I have never been accused of possessing a paucity in the vocabulary department. However, the next time I wish to vociferate or pontificate with my coterie, even though I am no polyglot, I shall be able to regale them well, much to their delectation. Maybe this skill will one day lead to true autarky. I do hope I don't sound too supercilious.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So do you call that book a fleecaurus? Maybe that sounds like a prehistoric lizard...

Fleec-R-Us...? (How do you make the "R" backwards?)

---Verbose Brother

Anonymous said...

P.S.

When you get Raptured, can I have your I-pod?

---Pagan Brother

Anonymous said...

You think you're so smart just because you're articulate and stuff - V. Graves

And It isn't an action figure, It's a doll!

Chris said...

To Jason:
Pulchritudinous...

To Verbose Brother:
I will not ever hold a candle to your daily use vocabulary...but then why would I hold a candle anyway, the wax can burn you.

To Pagan Brother:
A Rapture is not likely, besides nobody has given me an I-Pod...yet...

To Anonymous (a.k.a. VP of Sales and Marketing):
What is a "P" word for hungry?
Any toy that comes with a martini glass as an accessory is an action figure!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night...

Anonymous said...

Our history would lead me to believe that the "P" word you are looking for might be "peckish." Although I might also offer:
parsimonious, passionate, peaked, peaky, perishing, penny-pinching, penurious, peppy, piggish, pinched, pining (for the fjordes?), power-loving, prehensile, progresive, purposeful, pushy and interestingly enough, keen.

may you and your family have a joyful celebration in the Secular/Christian/Jewish/African/Atheist traditon of your choosing, or not.